When it comes to choosing a pet many of us look for a puppy or a kitten. While these are great choices they might not be the right pet for you. A wonderful and fun alternative to owning a dog or a cat is a pet snake. Some people might be afraid of snakes while others find them simply fascinating. If you have always wanted a snake for a pet then this article is for you! Below are ten good reasons why owning a snake just makes perfect sense.
Top ten reasons to own a snake
1. They don’t make much noise. Snakes are very quiet creatures that hardly make any noise at all. If you live in an apartment or you have very close neighbors, owning a dog might not be your best choice. Barking at all times of the night or day is something that can get you and your pet in trouble quickly. If you own a snake you will never have to worry about this dog related issue.
2. No more long walks. While snakes do need some exercise you will never have to worry about walking them. A few minutes outside of their cages a day is all most snakes need to stay happy.
3. Snakes won’t eat you out of house and home. Snakes only eat an average of once a week. This means you will never have to worry about expensive pet food bills.
4. You have plenty of options to choose from. There are tons of different snake breeds to choose from so finding one to match your lifestyle won’t be an issue.
5. You will never have to worry about changing a litter box. Unlike cats that need their litter boxes changed every day, a snake is easy to care for. For 10 minutes a week, you can keep your snake’s cage clean and you will never have to worry about it smelling bad.
6. You no longer need a pet sitter. If you love to travel, owning a snake is the perfect for you. You can leave your pet snake unattended for several days without having to worry about someone watching it for you.
7. They are hypoallergenic. If you are allergic to pet dander then owning a dog or a cat can be bad for your health. Snakes will never make you sneeze so you can easily own one without the risk of an allergy attack.
8. They make great conversation pieces. Sure showing off your dog or cat is fun but showing off your pet snake will surely get more attention. People are naturally curious about snakes so if you own one you will always have something to talk about.
9. They don’t require a lot of space. Depending on the breed of the snake you can keep your pet in a very small area without any problems. This makes snakes great for those who live in an apartment.
10. Snakes are fun to breed. Breeding snakes are both fun and educational, not to mention very lucrative. But with any animal including snakes you need to do your research before any breeding begins.